Need a little pick me up in the mornings? How about an explosion of scent while you shower? These DIY essential oil shower bombs are the perfect way to help wake you up in the morning or relax after a long day. The best part is that there are so many different combinations that you can try.
- Sinus support? Try Thieves, Peppermint, RC, Eucalyptus Globulus
- Fresh mind? Try Citrus Fresh & Lemon
- More energy? Try Lemon & Peppermint
- Afternoon pick up? Joy & StressAway
- Relaxation before bed? Lavender & Peace and Calming
- Sexy time? Ylang Ylang & Jasmine
Like I said, the possibilities are endless! Play around with EO’s and find your favorite mix. Everyone is different. What I might find smells wonderfully, another person might not like.
EO Shower Bomb Recipe:
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid (available at health food stores or online)
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 30+ drops of your favorite aromatic essential oil
- Mix together the baking soda and citric acid (I used my Kitchen aid blender, so fast & easy).
- In a different bowl combine water & your essential oils. (If you want to wait to add essential oils and add them to your shower bombs as you go, that’s totally fine too. Sometimes I find that easier if you don’t want to make a lot of one kind. Simply add a few drops per bomb).
- Slowly add the oil-water mixture (few drops at a time) into your dry ingredients, stirring well after each addition.
- When ingredients are thoroughly mixed, tightly pack into 2-inch balls using your hands or cookie scoop, a stainless steel cake pop mold, or any other mold. I also use my mini muffin tin pan for these & it makes about 24 bombs. Set on a plate to dry. If necessary, pack the balls again more tightly. They will expand a little bit.
- Allow them to dry for at least 12 hours, sometimes they take a little bit longer. You want them completely dry or they will crumble.
- Store in an airtight container for best results. If your bombs need to be refreshed, simply add a few more drops to the bomb right before you shower.
Use: While your water is running, throw the bomb in your shower and enjoy the aromatic experience!
If you are a bath lover, feel free to use these bombs as well. I am not a bath person so these work awesome for me… I must admit I have a huge tub in my bathroom and I think I’ve sat in it once! I know, I really should but I just don’t make the time to and it’s on the bottom of the list of “things that I should pamper myself with.” Anyways I love that I can incorporate these bombs into my daily routine of showering & I can kill two birds with one stone.